It’s no secret I love my minivan. I mean, I REALLY love it. And it’s also no secret that I swore I’d never in a million years drive one. But then I had three kids under three and I tossed my Tahoe aside like it was a pair of uncomfortable heels…which, let’s face it, they’re all uncomfortable. I didn’t need to test drive my Odyssey to fall in love with it – the connection was instant.
The sliding doors.
The amazing rear entertainment system. Because you never can have enough Magic School Bus in your life. Seriously, my 3 year old can recite the Water Cycle in her sleep and my 2 year old loves to yell “Frizzle drizzle!” at inappropriate times.
The dozens of seat combinations. Our current one allows for toddler potty breaks without having to get out of my seat. LIFE CHANGER.
The drink cooler…for juice boxes. I swear.
Speak of juice boxes, it has about 48 cupholders which hold so much more than juice boxes. I have 2 boxes of hair rubber bands and 3 bags of goldfish stored in those 48 cupholders.
The vacuum! Yes! It came with a vacuum! But don’t ask Honda about replacement bags because they haven’t created those yet.
The list goes on and on. BUT, there’s one feature I really wish Honda would add:
That’s right, a partition. Like a limousine partition. The kind that go up and down and let the driver pretend he can’t hear anything happening at the bachelorette party in the back. Because sometimes my girls pretend they are at a bachelorette party, but the really bad last hour of one. Crying, yelling, food being devoured like they haven’t eaten in days, and someone is really tired and can’t stop arguing over something that happened months ago. Don’t laugh – you know exactly what I’m talking about and you can probably name a child and/or friend who fits each of those categories.
Back to the partition – how amazing would that be? To have the ability to just press a button and make the insanity stop for a few minutes? Here are a few scenarios when it would come in handy:
- When your 5 year old remembers you forgot to give her that piece of candy you promised for helping clean the playroom. In January. And she wants to argue with you about it and your subpar parenting skills.
- When you’re on a road trip and want to stop at Starbucks and get a little iced latte to get you through the afternoon. But your kids just fell asleep. And the drive thru speaker is SO LOUD.
- When you’re at HEB Curbside, parked next your friend and you’re chatting about all things Louisiana…and then your 3 year old loses her ever lovin’ mind because she’s not part of the conversation.
- When you tell that same 3 year old to stop saying “poop” so she comes up with every.single.rhyming word for poop and wants you to confirm that it’s not actually the word poop. (I was super proud of her for being able to rhyme..but..FOR THE LOVE!)
- When you just don’t want to hear Ms. Frizzle talk about the Solar System anymore. Because you just can’t. And you know your kids will break those headphones the second they put them on. And you know your 5 year old will get car sick the second you turn it off…and car vomit is the worst.
- Because sometimes you just want to have a conversation with your husband without being interrupted. Heck, even a quiet conversation with yourself would be amazing!
- Because rotisserie chicken. It tastes so good but the smell is so bad. So, so bad.
Am I right? Come on, Honda, this can’t be that hard to make happen and I know everyone with children under the age of 12 would pay good money for a partition. I know few van haters who would quickly convert to van lovers if partitions were part of the deal! I’m pretty sure it’s the next million dollar idea!
Not the next million dollar idea? These jeans!
WHAT?! Topshop is known for being a little strange but this is just hilarious. It’s like they put their most sleep deprived designers in a room with a jar full of edibles and told them to create the next big thing in the world of cut out fashion. Don’t get me wrong, the high waist is amazing, but that’s where it ends for me. Read the reviews if you have a minute…they are better than the sugar free gummy bear reviews on Amazon.
Want some awesome mom jeans? I’ve got a post tomorrow about park pretties and jeans for spring! Also, I need your thoughts on the finale of This Is Us…totally let down? Right?